Sunday, February 22, 2015

Daleks and Me, Backstory


Tom Baker is my doctor. 

Let's clear that up right away. I watched the show on Canadian television courtesy of Seattle's cable companies (too many hills, lousy reception, Anglophile mom: Doctor Who every week). And we got the fourth doctor, and eventually the fifth, and then reruns of just those two in perpetuity. Colin Where? Sylvester What?

The reboot has been a part of my children's lives. We are Whovians, let's just leave it at that.

I don't know why I did an internet search on "dalek fabric"
which took me to Spoonflower, but it did lead to a lot of work there for the last few years.

bimetal dalek - also comes in blue and red


Particularily the Dalek Autopsy pages
These are the references that I relied on for this build.


Saw this very sad thing in the meantime
This poor fellow lives at the EMP Museum in the Paul Allen's badly curated section of stuff in vitrines for no recognizable purpose but to keep the dust off them

Or maybe to keep us off them
Why yes, that is a vintage WilliWear shirt! Thank you!




Check out the blog attached to this
http://seventhdoctorcostume.blogspot.com

Finally got my act together to make a grill fabric for the eventual costume I assumed I would be making for another friend. 

Which ended up being for me.


So I made a pair of jeans. And then a vest to go with them to wear to the 50th anniversary show screening. 


So this week I'm working on the accessories and another pair of jeans for the PR contest.

Hope the weather where you are is being reasonable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love your comments, I love your ideas, I love your recipes, but if you post links to advertising, I will delete your comment.